We offer a range of TradePlans to help you control the risk involved with stock market investing. TradePlans can be set for up to 90 days and cost £2 (free for ISA and SIPP customers). If the trade executes the £2 will be deducted from the trading commission.
Limit Orders allow you to pre-set a price at which you want to buy or sell shares.
Stop Losses allow you to set a price at which your shares will be sold if the share price drops. Our Stop Loss isn't guaranteed so if it's triggered your trade will go into a queue to be actioned and will execute at the current market price. On occasion this could be higher or lower than your Stop Loss price
With Range Trading you can specify the prices to buy and sell a stock without the need to constantly watch share prices. It's a combination of two Limit Orders, one to buy shares at a lower price than the current price, and one to sell them at a higher price.
Set a target to maximise profit when share prices rise and protect against losses when they fall. This TradePlan combines a Limit Order to sell at a higher price than the current share price and a Stop Loss to sell at a lower price.
Track a rising share price with our intuitive Price Locking TradePlan. It's a Stop Loss order which automatically adjusts your stop price to lock in rises when shares climb.
• We start monitoring TradePlans at 8:05am to avoid any price volatility in the first five minutes of the market opening, during or just after the auction period. This ensures that nothing triggers and trades at an erroneous price.
• Our Tradeplans monitor the touch price and will only trigger once the desired price is hit, meaning we don’t approach the market with the order until this happens.
• Once the price hits and triggers, the system will automatically send the order to be dealt in fair and due turn. The system will attempt to execute the trade up to a maximum of 2 times. If, after the second attempt, the order is unable to be traded automatically (usually due to size of the trade, or the supply and demand on the market) then the order will route through to a dealer who will phone the market if the security is still at the target price.
• Depending on the supply and demand of a particular security we may only be able to execute part of the order (with the exception of Range Trades - see below). We will attempt to secure protection in part of the order while the balance is worked throughout the trading day. Any partially executed orders will be booked to your account after the close of business (4:30pm) and the remaining balance of the TradePlan will be re-queued or may expire depending on the date set.
• Range Trades can only be completed in full, therefore if at the close of business we have been unable to ‘fill’ the order then we will be unable to book the trade and the order will either be re-queued or expire.
Please remember the value of your investment can go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount you invest.
We don't provide advice so if you are in any doubt about buying and selling shares or making your own investment decisions we recommend you seek advice from a suitably qualified Financial Advisor.